Example of ODBC and wine

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Feb 7 13:40:12 CST 2002

Hello Ricardo,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:19:19PM -0200, Ricardo wrote:
> has anyone used wine with a program that conects to an ODBC database? How
> have you set this? I was thinking about FreeTDS but i configured it and
> doesn't know what to do nexe. Any help?

Based on what an ODBC driver actually does, and assuming a technically
sound model, I see no reason that you shouldn't be able to use an existing
Win32 ODBC driver under Wine to talk to a SQL server.

In practice, the issue may be far more hairy than that. :)

If the Win32 ODBC doesn't work for you, maybe the next thing to look at
would be compiling FreeTDS's ODBC driver using libwine...

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer