Wine license change

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Feb 7 22:26:45 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Sean Farley wrote:

> Since the LGPL has not been taken to court, no legal precedence for it
> has been set.  Has something happened recently to change this?

This is true, but the fact that open-source developers start spreding this
low-life kind of FUD about the LGPL is really, truely sickening.

Of all the companies releasing _commercial_ software on Linux (more so, I
might add, than on *BSD), none of them had issues linking against the
LGPL. It's a sad day when the *BSD proponents attack the LGPL based on
such disgusting FUD.

I'm sorry for the strong language, but it pains me to see the discussion
derailed in such a fashion.

--
Dimi.