Direct 3D 8.0 Wrapper for OpenGL Open Sourced

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Tue Feb 12 07:10:42 CST 2002

> Just found this on http://www.osnews.com/:
>
> Direct 3D 8.0 Wrapper for OpenGL Open Sourced
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=613
>
> Not sure what is the license, but maybe it could
> be incorporated to wine as an alternative to the
> transgaming's version.

Some of the file have the following copyright:
; *     Copyright © Realtech VR 2001
; *
; *     Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and sell this software
; *     and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
; *     provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and
; *     that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear
; *     in supporting documentation.  Realtech makes no representations
; *     about the suitability of this software for any purpose.
; *     It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

But some of the files have another copyright:
 *  Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Microsoft Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.

Yet some files contains no copyright notice at all.

I wonder the license status of the whole thing really is.
We should be very careful before including something like this.

Beside it is for most parts in C++. That can of course be
fixed but it would require some work.