Lindows.com and open source

Michael Robertson michael at lindows.com
Tue Feb 12 10:05:11 CST 2002

I think a license change would make it more difficult to generate revenue
through traditional software selling models. From our initial funds, we've
paid the salaries of many on this list for the last few months with most of
the code going back to the main tree. Our hope is to produce a great
product that people will buy and allow us to continue to fund development
on WINE and other initiatives. It's such a big problem that I believe you
need companies, capital with a dedicated concentration to accomplish it. I
fear that a license change would hurt for-profit companies incentive to
continue to make such investments.

-- MR

Lindows.com
michael at lindows.com