RFC: Re: Problem with COM (comm, rather) (fwd)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Feb 12 11:22:40 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Gerard Patel wrote:

> You still don't have access to the world wide web ?

Say I'm not much inclined to use it, being GUI-challenged.  wget is my
browser of choice.

> If you have access to Google, search for the following Usenet posting,
> for example :
>
> UnHy6.600095$JT5.16435354 at news20.bellglobal.com

Now what kind of an URL would I give wget to go after that?
http://groups.google.com/<something>=\
UnHy6.600095$JT5.16435354 at news20.bellglobal.com

Well anyway, you have probably already distilled all the sense that is
to be made of it, thanks.  8251?  Isn't that what they used in 8-bit
PC's before the 16450?  8-/

> Gerard

Still, though, anything I could do with program code about this, I can
do with setserial, and even explain how to do it.  Isn't it reasonable
to expect that a programmer would be willing to learn how to use the
peculiar tools of its chosen OS?

OTOH she had warts, and if native SetCommState will take any dam'
bauderate and do something vaguely appropriate with it, maybe the
builtin one should too.

I guess I can take a bash at it, if no one else wants to.

Lawson
---oof---