Greetings and a question

Michael Cardenas michaelc at lindows.com
Tue Feb 12 11:51:01 CST 2002

Hello everyone. My name is Michael Cardenas and I'm working on Wine for
Lindows.com. I'd like to start a lot more communication with all of you and
I have a couple of questions.

I'm working on an app that uses a custom dll which requires msvcp60.dll to
be loaded at launch time and won't launch without it.

Currently there's no implementation of msvcp60.dll in wine. Is that just
because no one has needed it yet? Or has someone looked into this and seen
that it's too large to do? Or is it just not needed and there's some
substitute dll? Doing some research, I see that on a fresh install of
Windows98, the dll is present, so it seems to be a common windows dll. MSDN
mentions the dll in this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/sidexsidewinxp.asp
"A good example of this is the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime assembly, which
includes atl.dll, mfc42.dll, mfc42u.dll, and msvcp60.dll."
Also, there's been basically no discussion of this dll on this mailing
list.
So, to proceed, I'm going to create a stub dll and hope the app will launch
and not need many functions from that dll. I'd like to know if there's a
good way to make a complete stub for the dll. Right now, I just made a stub
dll with one function.

Thanks,
    Michael