Wine license change

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Thu Feb 14 12:18:20 CST 2002

At 10:58 AM 2/14/2002, Plato wrote:

>No that is completely untrue.  It is clear to me from reading this passage
>that Stallman is talking about modifications to code already GPLed.

Not true. Stallman specifically asks programmers to put the code in
for the EXPRESS PURPOSE of forcing it to be given away.

Again, it would be a good idea for you to READ Stallman's essays
(particularly the older versions, since some of the more recent ones
have been toned down by his PR people even though his goals remain
the same) before commenting.

--Brett