ldconfig : ..... .so is not a symbolic link

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Feb 16 19:01:22 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Bill Medland wrote:

> Don't worry; it was a very temporary problem that Alexandre fixed as soon as
> he was aware of it.

I know that.  I already said on wine-users that it's fixed... Oh, I
see.  I cross-posted the make install bit back to wine-devel to make
sure he _was_ aware of it, and then said no more about it on wine-devel.
I wondered why this was still echoing.  No, I'm not worried, and I even
found and installed autoconf 2.50.

> If you are really interested:
> For a very short period of time the rule to "make install" included making
> install in all subdirectories and then copying the wine itself into the bin.
> Unfortunately making install in the debugger included copying the wine in
> bin, except it hadn't been put there yet (so it stopped).

I know, that's why I said I had to hand-install wine to start it back
up.

> Congratulations to Alexandre on fixing the whole thing so promptly.
>
> Bill

Yes, he is amazing, isn't he?  Great sense of humor, too.

Really, I am not one who has to have the last word, so if you answer
this, please don't be offended if I let it drop, as I should have
done already.

Lawson
---oof---