BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at witch.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 19 12:37:29 CST 2002

> AFAIK TG sells their own version of WINE. Once WINE is GPL'd, they will
> have to give all their code back. So why should anyone buy their WINE if
> they can get all the code for free?

Says who?

Doing cvs co wine today still gives me the old license wine, so I can use it,
extend it and without giving a single line back - not now and not in the
future..

Of course - if I will do cvs co wine once the license will be changed - then
I'll have to give back the modifications (some of them - at least according
to the LGPL license)...

There is a difference, my friend...

Of course - TransGaming and CodeWeavers could co-operate internally by
swapping code that CodeWeaver's or Transgaming is developing since each of
them can re-license their code to whatever they want to license it under...

Hetz