License change vote results

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 20 08:06:18 CST 2002

For the record, I perceived Brett's comment as very
insulting; it called into question both my
integrity and Alexandre's integrity.

Again for the record, I and many developers at CodeWeavers
had our votes 'discarded' because of our affiliation
with CodeWeavers (the criteria Alexandre used was that if
our contribution was mostly done while working at CodeWeavers,
then we did not get an independent vote.  CodeWeavers as
a single entity did receive one vote.)  If we had stuffed
the ballot box as Brett suggested, the votes would have
been more lopsided, believe me.

It's not clear to me that Dimi's reaction was unwarranted; Brett
is a complete outsider to Wine and he persists in
clogging our development mailing list with flames and insults;
I think Dimi and others have been remarkably patient, all
things considered.

Jeremy