Out of process COM objects & Installshield v6

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Mon Feb 25 01:44:03 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:21:28PM +0100, Sander van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the current state of OOP COM objects in Wine?
> I've noticed a lot of related changes, but have yet to find an InstallShield 6
> installer that works. (I did copy the stdole*.tlb files to the windows & system directory)
>
> After porting the OLE changes to Odin, I tried the Java 1.4 installer.
> It fails with error 0x80070057 (CoMarshalInterface; failed to marshal interface)
> Trying the same installer in Wine (built from latest CVS) results in the same error
> There's a fixme for NdrDllRegisterProxy for the same GUID that fails in
> CoMarshallInterface. Perhaps that's the cause.
>
> Before I start debugging this, I'd like to know if it is supposed to work at all.

If you do -debugmsg +olerelay, you see that it does several interprocess
calls.

I am not sure when and how this NdrDllRegisterProxy appeared, but I am
experiencing the same problem.

Oh and debugging might not really help, support for proxies registered with
NdrDllRegisterProxy needs to get implemented. :/

Ciao, Marcus