About that eeevil library naming decision...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Feb 25 14:13:30 CST 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:

> But some people DON'T separate it.
> (for various reasons, which might only be evident in the future)

If people want to break the directory structure that's their choice,
but I don't see a valid reason for doing it.

> Fact is that a LOT of people/distributors still add it to ld.so.conf.

Nobody adds it to ld.so.conf since the directory doesn't exist at the
moment. People add /usr/local/lib or whatever the lib directory is,
and that will still be correct with the new scheme.

> But are you sure that you can just omit the lib prefix on *all* supported
> environments ?

If there are environments that don't support it they can use some
other scheme. I don't think any Unix platform would have the problem.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com