Menu Item problem(was Notepad not remaining language selection)

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 08:10:03 CST 2002

--- Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have implemented 2 procedures to set the
> > language used by Notepad at startup.
> >
> > Now it selects language by using string key
> "Language"
> > under HKCU\\Software\\Wine\\Notepad.
> >
> > Restore of the language functions now.
> > But I'm new in Windows coding so I don't know
> which
> > procedure is called when I click on an item in the
> > Language menu.So saving the language in the
> registry
> > is not called.The procedure is ready to use but
> never
> > called.

Look at the function LANGUAGE_DefaultHandle in
language.c and where it is called from.

>    Actually, does this kind of functionality belong
> in Notepad? Doesn't
> Wine have some notion of the current language used
> by the user? Maybe
> even inherited from LANG?
>    Why should notepad have its own notion of which
> language the user is
> using?

Sylvain noticed that the selection does not persist
and is fixing the bug.

Hmm, I do not know why this functionality exists in
the WineNotepad in the first place - maybe to test the
languages selection functionality?

Windows application can get information about the
current language with using functions
GetUserDefaultLangID, GetLocaleInfo.

Then, what is the correct approach will be? Set the
default language based on system settings?
We can leave the language menu for now for testing
purposes.

Andriy Palamarchuk