Codeweavers' integrity (or lack thereof)

Roland roland at netquant.com.br
Tue Feb 26 10:38:23 CST 2002

At 02:36 PM 2/25/02 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
>At 02:32 PM 2/25/2002, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
> >I'm not much in favour of a license change, but if there's enough reason to
> >believe that a "new" license boosts Wine's productivity, then I'm all
> >for it.
>
>There has been no credible evidence to that effect presented to date.
>However, the threats that a new license would pose to participation
>in the project by companies such as Transgaming or Lindows have been
>amply demonstrated.
>
>--Brett Glass

Agreed. And I want to add that we also should think if the price we are
paying with the license change in the long run is worth the EVENTUAL
TEMPORARY boost in productivity. It MAY BE that now we have a temporary
boost because one company wishes this license change and will start to
contribute more after that. But it is not certain if that company will
still be around in some years or if other companies will NOT contribute to
WINE because of the new xGPL license.
After all, if we wanted a productivity boost lets license all WINE code to
Microsoft, I'm sure they would agree to help develop it further in turn :)))

Roland