Out of process COM objects & Installshield v6

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Feb 26 14:00:16 CST 2002

Ove Kaaven wrote:
> I've been working on this as part of my COM restructure. I've implemented
> NdrDllRegisterProxy and large pieces of rpcrt4's marshaling framework. I'd
> like to release it to WineHQ, but Gav still wants something in exchange.
> (If we can't get money, we'll consider releasing it if a Wine developer
> agrees to work on stuff that may be useful for us, like an ALSA driver,
> and/or a Wine kernel module to speed up synchronization primitives (like
> mutexes), or maybe more DirectShow work, or something of the kind.)

Cool.  I bet something could be worked out.

As you know, David Howells did a bunch of work on a kernel module last year
( see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=101344885113906&w=2
http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/kernel-win32/
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=wine-devel&m=98628491209432&w=2 )

I wonder if Red Hat would be willing to have David bring his
wine kernel module up to date in exchange for Transgaming
contributing your COM work?

- Dan