Implementing Wine testing framework with Perl

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 2 13:45:21 CST 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> The next my step would be to translate my own unit
> tests to Perl. My tests extensively use number
> constants, declared in C header file with defines and
> C structures.

The defines can be translated to Perl constants; I once started
writing a tool to do that automatically, I'll try do dig it out.

Structures should be converted with pack/unpack (cf. the win.pl
example), we probably want to export the pack format strings for each
structure from some Perl module too. The advantage of doing that is
that the structures are not derived from the C code, which allow
checking that the layout is correct. The drawback is that you need to
write the format string for each structure, but you only need to do it
once.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com