We *really* need a development model change !

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jan 2 16:46:50 CST 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Andreas Mohr wrote:
[...]
> >    What is needed most is a two sample tests:
> >  * one simple console based test
> >  * another one involving some GUI stuff
> No !
> We need Win32 GUI, Win32 console and Win16.

   Why is it necessary to separate Win16 from the rest?
   On Windows it could make sense: obviously you cannot run the 32bit
tests on Windows 3.x. But in Wine if you are running the Win32 GUI
tests, why not run the Win16 GUI tests? Is a 'Win16 console' test
something that can exist? Would that be a DOS program? In any case
couldn't they be run with all the Win32 console tests?

                Linux: It is now safe to turn on your computer.