PATCH: Euro

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sun Jan 6 05:23:20 CST 2002

> This patch changes the NLS currency of all Euro countries to
> use the "EUR"
> as international currency and the euro-sign (iso-8859-15,
> character 164).

Hmm. While I'm do not doubt that some users of Wine might find this useful,
Wine is supposed to do what Windows does and if Windows does something
wrong Wine usually should as well.

If I'm not mistaken the .nls contains that default values. It is
entirely possible to change the currency and such in the registry
to specify things differently for each user.

That said I would find it unlikely that this patch would cause any
serious problem. After all, as I said, the user can specify whatever
currency it likes after the defaults have been set and every application
is supposed to be able to handle it.

So I do not really oppose the patch. It is more the principle I'm intrested
in:
Under what circumstances should Wine change the behavior
if Windows does something in the wrong way?