lpOverlapped = NULL

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com
Wed Jan 9 09:15:17 CST 2002

Mike,

I should have been aware of this before :-/

As mentioned in my other mail,
** Winsock allows NULL pointers for lpOverlapped. **

AFAICS, Mike, your server-side code uses the overlapped field
only for identifying a certain request. This will obviously
break if the overlapped field may be NULL.

Question: Would it hurt to use the async_private pointer of a
request rather than  the overlapped pointer to pass to the
server? If no, I guess that would be the way to go, because
the async_private structs are allocated by us and therefore necessarily
different and non-NULL.

Wrt to the status and "bytes read", I already have a pretty elegant
solution which keeps the overlapped struct outside the generic code
(scheduler and server).

Please comment,
Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409