Babystep: Testing framework

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 9 13:47:00 CST 2002

Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> writes:

> Well, I was sufficiently impressed with the Cygwin install
> to think it wouldn't be that bad; if nothing else, I think
> we should try to have both.

If we can support Cygwin without major trouble of course we should do
it. But if the idea is to attract Windows developers, offering them a
Unix environment may not be the best choice.

> I would argue, that except perhaps for your objection to
> my *.test format, that the framework as I have proposed would
> be a good start.  We can refine the Winelib stuff later.
>
> It seems to me that the alternate is to spend another five
> weeks debating possible frameworks, and ending with none implemented.

It's not really a question of debating frameworks, it's more a
question of getting the building process into a useable form. I'm not
going to create dozens of directories and spec files in the CVS tree
pending a better solution. But I'll work on getting at least the Perl
stuff into the tree, and then we can work on refining the C
infrastructure.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com