Babystep: Testing framework

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 9 17:54:25 CST 2002

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    So the test has to do the diff itself. And no calling 'diff' because
> it's not portable :-(

But you shouldn't need diff at all. You just have to write the test
slightly differently to have checks instead of printfs.

>    A C test should just be a .spec file and a .c file. If they are all
> handled the same way it's actually quite simple. In 'Programming Windows
> 98' I have 148 executables/libraries and 171 C files. It's quite
> manageable.

I'm not sure about that; if you run make in libtest/ you end up with
70 files and more than 7Mb of disk space, for just 10 nearly empty
programs. And the makefile is a big mess too.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com