Lindows screenshots

J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) ender at enderboi.com
Wed Jan 9 20:17:23 CST 2002

> Personally I would be pissed off if someone is making money after all the
> work I had but into a "Free Project" assuming it would be free for everyone
> else to use, including the source.
>
> I guess the project should change the license to LGPL and make it
> retroactive and enforce it.
> James

Well, I wouldn't go that far. But alas the Lindows work will probably
never see the light of day, according to the interview linked from
slashdot..

"While Lindows will be constructed on top of open-source software, some of
its key elements will be proprietary -- a strategy that will not make some
open-source advocates happy but which Robertson says is essential to
making the business work."

Similar to Transgaming, only it looks like they've made major progress in
making just everyday apps work.