How about sponsoring from IBM?

Roland roland at netquant.com.br
Fri Jan 11 13:44:21 CST 2002

>One senior manager at IBM explained it to me as follows:
>Most senior management at IBM has been with the company for a long time.
>Most of those went through the OS/2 era.  Many people may not realize it,
>but IBM put their heart and soul into OS/2 - and were
>burned very, very badly by it.  As a consequence, many
>people at IBM are understandably very reluctant to contemplate
>another attack on Windows dominance of the desktop.
>
>This doesn't mean that I think helping Wine would be bad for IBM
>(or I wouldn't have been such a pest), but it may help folks
>to understand why IBM isn't very focused on Linux as a desktop OS.
>
>Jeremy

Ok, I understand your point. But I think there is a big difference here.
They "put their heart and soul into OS/2". I'm not asking for them to do
the same with WINE. All I ask is to contributing a little from their huge
Linux budget on WINE. Even if WINE doesn't work out the way everyone is
imagining they will not have lost much, only 1% of the Linux budget.

Putting heart and soul into it is something that no one is demanging...

Roland