Reading Line Status Register for Serial Communications on win32

SAM . sam_00 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:34:26 CST 2002

Hi,

I am currently trying to write a program to implement a communication
protocol using WIN32 APIs on Windows NT 4.0. For this purpose it is required
for me to read the parity bit of the Line Status Register when receiving
data.

The only way I could think of doing this was using by using
IOCTL_SERIAL_LSRMST_INSERT code and enabling the LSRMST INSERT mode so that
LSR information will be in the data stream read by ReadFile. Unfortunately
for some reason this doesn’t  seem to work according to how it is
documented.

If anybody has used this function before can you please give me some tips as
to what I might be doing wrong???

Also are there any other methods by which I can read the LSR on NT???

Thanks….

Sam