Filesystem Regression Test, was: Re: RESEND: Fix return value ...

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jan 15 07:03:18 CST 2002

"Uwe Bonnes" <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Please let us know if you find some sensible way to test filesystem
> functions. What I do now is
> - export some filesystem tree with SMB(NCP)
> - import it in Vmware with some drive letter
> - use the same drive letter in the wine-config for the same filesystem tree
>
> I don't think this solution is very sensible for a more generalized test...

Well, I thought about very simple test case like this one (in C):

#include <assert.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <windows.h>

int main(void)
{
    UINT len, len_with_null;
    char buf[MAX_PATH];

    strcpy(buf, "foo");
    len_with_null = GetSystemDirectory(buf, 1);
    assert(strcmp(buf, "foo") == 0);

    strcpy(buf, "foo");
    len = GetSystemDirectory(buf, len_with_null - 1);
    assert(len == len_with_null);

    strcpy(buf, "foo");
    len = GetSystemDirectory(buf, len_with_null);
    assert(strcmp(buf, "foo") != 0);
    assert(len == strlen(buf));
    assert(len == (len_with_null - 1));

    return 0;
}

If anybody could provide some hints how to integrate it into the winetest
system, I and other people will certainly appreciate it.

--
Dmitry.