What are you really aiming to do with winetest?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Jan 15 14:16:02 CST 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> It would be nice if you commented on what you
> think about my spec2pm script for automatically
> generating Perl modules for calling the Windows API.

Sure; I was looking into integrating it, but found some problems.
I agree generating modules automatically is a good idea; the main
problem right now is that we cannot get the return type of the
functions, and this breaks functions returning a string.

> Also, I'm not sure that you are trying to do:
> The files generated by make_symbols are quite useless,
> they just contain a lot of LOCAL variables.

They seem to work just fine for me, but I'm no Perl expert, so if you
think your approach is better I'll do it that way.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com