Listview Unicodification (take 3) (fwd)

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 15 23:41:10 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Gerard Patel wrote:

> At 01:58 PM 1/15/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >[once again, I attached the patch by mistake, and the mail did not go
> >through...oh well, that happens if you don't sleep at night:) ]
>
> I think that by zipping the patch it should be below 64K and
> be fine.

Apparently, the limit is 64K. But there's no much point in gzipping it,
such patches are sooo hard to read from the mailer (save attachment,
ungzip, etc). I hate them. Much simpler if I dump them on the web site,
it's just I did the attachment as an automatism...

> >Here is the latest version of the Unicode ListView control:
> >http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~dimi/listview-unicode-3.diff
>
> Better - all columns have something now - but only
> the first character.
> This fixes it :

Thanks. That was a tricky one. I think the nicer thing is for the
textcpynT function to correctly handle all cases, so I did that in the
(take 4) version of the patch. It didn't receive any testing, as I don't
have your test case which trigger that condition, so I hope everything is
OK now.

> I'll let you turn into something correct since it's now more than 2 in
> the morning and I need some sleep even if you don't.

Sleep tight, I'm off to bed too!

--
Dimi.