What are you really aiming to do with winetest?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 16 14:19:09 CST 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> Perhaps you remember me wanting to extend the .spec files
> with information whether a ptr/str was [in], [out], [in/out]
>
> In Perl all string, like in C, are read/write, so I think
> we can live without it.
>
> But return type would be nice to have in the .spec files.

We discussed this before; I agree it would be nice to have a lot more
information like in/out, return values, more detailed types, etc. But
I don't think the spec file is the right place for that. I'd like the
spec to remain simple (and in fact to even be simplified) and to
contain only the minimal info needed to generate a correct dll. All
the rest that's used for debug/testing should be moved somewhere else,
preferably directly into the code.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com