What are you really aiming to do with winetest?

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Jan 16 14:59:34 CST 2002

> Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:
>
> > Perhaps you remember me wanting to extend the .spec files
> > with information whether a ptr/str was [in], [out], [in/out]
> >
> > In Perl all string, like in C, are read/write, so I think
> > we can live without it.
> >
> > But return type would be nice to have in the .spec files.
>
> We discussed this before; I agree it would be nice to have a lot more
> information like in/out, return values, more detailed types, etc. But
> I don't think the spec file is the right place for that. I'd like the
> spec to remain simple (and in fact to even be simplified) and to
> contain only the minimal info needed to generate a correct dll.

Yes, I remember. I just pointed out the possibillity, in case you
had changed your mind.

> All
> the rest that's used for debug/testing should be moved somewhere else,
> preferably directly into the code.

So what you basicly want is something like:

my %return_type_exceptions;

$return_type_exceptions{"foo"} = {
	Bar => "str",
	Baz => "ptr"
};

$return_type_exceptions{"bar"} = {
	Foo => "str"
};

A file in this format could quite easily be generated by an
appropriate script as well.