C testing framewok. Updated. SystemParametersInfo unit test.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jan 17 16:10:38 CST 2002

On 17 Jan 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> What's ugly is that you don't compile what you write. This is the most
> sure recipe to make sure the code doesn't compile. People will test
> code in ASCII mode, and when some poor soul (like me ;-) tries to
> compile in Unicode mode to run regression tests it won't work because
> nobody ever tried to compile it that way. Or worse it will compile but
> not do what was intended because someone has been mixing char and
> tchar or whatever.

   I would call it part of normal test debugging.
   You could also reject tests that don't work in both modes.
   We could also have a Mr 'Unicode' whose work would be to make sure
tests work in Unicode and fix them if necessary.

> xxxA and xxxW are different functions (and in fact do not necessarily
> behave the same way for all inputs), and they need to be tested
> independently.

    Most of the time they behave the same way, and in the few cases
where they don't, one can still call xxxA and xxxW.
    And having a single test that can be used to test both A and W
reduces code duplication, which helps maintainability and reduces the
amount of work we have to do.

   The only issue I see is if the xxxA is implemented but xxxW is not or
reciprocally. Then we have a test that fails but cannot really be put as
a TODO since xxxA works. the right way to fix this is to implement the
function that is missing. Another way to handle this issue is to also
have a 'TODOA' and a 'TODOW'.

               RFC 2549: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2549.txt
                IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service