SetEndOfFile fix

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Jan 20 15:32:51 CST 2002

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Rein Klazes wrote:

> hi,
>
> BTW. A google search shows that the ftruncate problem has been
> mentioned at least 3 times on c.e.m.w. in the last 6 months Since
> nobody entered a fix, I could be overlooking something...

Not exactly, I think.  I remember several mentions of MSword (disk full
or write protected), but nobody called it an ftruncate problem.
I did think up some other rather ingenious ways you could misconfigure
a fat filesystem to cause wine to be unable to save a file, but I missed
ftruncate.  I thought ftruncate only didn't work with umsdos, but I see
I was wrong.

I think you have just been paying better attention than some others of
us.  Good catch!

> Rein.

Lawson