SetEndOfFile fix

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Jan 21 06:06:42 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 08:13:53PM +0100, Rein Klazes wrote:
> hi,
>
> This fixes office 97 MSword error (disk full or write protected) when
> saving files on a vfat partition. MSword calls SetEndOfFile() which
> uses ftruncate() that, in Linux, cannot grow files in this filesystem.

Ah ! :-)))

I already suspected this to be the case.
At least I already found due to some error code that some ftruncate()
must have failed, and I think I thus called it an ftruncate problem.

Oh, and yes, that error condition was in the server, too, so it must have
been this ftruncate.

And one more: In several cases, some guys reported that programs needed some
"touch"ing before being able to save a file.
What do you wanna bet that *this* is the problem that's now solved ?? :)

In short: a very important fix, I think.

I guess we can call you a Wine Master now ;)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/