Unnecessary imports?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jan 21 12:38:06 CST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> >    Compiling Wine I noticed many warnings saying that the dlls we import
> > are not used. Is there any reason to still import them?
>
> I suppose it could in many cases be because someone *plan* to import stuff
> from there sometime later (after they've churned out some code to fill the
> stubs in the dll implementation with)...

   There is one case where this seems to be the true. But in most of the
others I would find it surprising. I would rather suspect that the dll
used to import some wine-specific API from kernel32 but no longer does.

   In any case, if it does not yet use kernel32 then there does not seem
to be any point in importing it now. Possibly put it in a comment to
note that we will likely one day have the dependency. But AFAICS, doing
it right now only generates useless warnings.

  Any sufficiently advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux