C testing framework. ASCII/Unicode portable version

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 23 11:11:31 CST 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> Alexandre, you forgot conditional in your test example
> and mentioned in mine ;-) With your permission I
> rewrite your test:
>
> fooA("abc")
> #ifdef UNICODE
>     fooW(L"some unicode chars here")
> #endif

No I didn't forget anything. There cannot be a #ifdef UNICODE in my
version because we won't compile things twice, and UNICODE will never
be defined, just like it's not defined when building Wine.

In your version you need the #ifdefs, maybe not in this simple example
but in general as soon as you mix TCHAR and WCHAR, because otherwise
it won't compile in ASCII mode.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com