runtest: new option -M for testing current module as builtin

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jan 23 12:44:30 CST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
[...]
> BEGIN {
>     require wine;
>     &wine::module_native("wininet");
>     &wine::module_builtin("imm32", "msacm32");
> }

   I am not sure any test should require the native version of any dll.
We cannot ship native dlls with Wine for obvious reasons, so requiring
the native dll would force Wine developpers to have a Windows partition
installation around, and one configured for use in the tests. Otherwise
they would not be able to run the tests, would they?

   I don't think that's good.

   Choosing to use a native dll is more up to the developper to debug a
test. And then modifying the configuration file, as we usually do to
debug applications, should be simple and familiar enough.

   But maybe I misunderstood something.

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.