C testing framework. ASCII/Unicode portable version

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 23 13:56:40 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at cs.toronto.edu> writes:

> Ah, I see. We certainly need to get from generic to specific. So we can
> have a bunch of funtions which do just that:
>
> LPCSTR  strTtoA(LPCWSTR);  // converts the string to ANSI
> LPCWSTR strTtoW(LPCSTR);   // converts the string to Unicode
> LPCXSTR strTtoX(LPCTSTR);  // if T=A, convert to W, else convert to A
>
> So the above example becomes:
>   CopyFileW( strTtoW(filename), L"unicode_file_name", FALSE );

Sure, I don't doubt that by spending enough time and energy we'll
someday have a solution for all the problems caused by wanting to add
the TCHAR stuff in the first place. It's a bit like adding cushions on
the wall so you can keep banging your head on it without getting hurt
too much.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com