Fwd: Total Annihilation

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jan 28 17:23:56 CST 2002

> > Total Annihilation keeps terminating with a code 21.  I would prefer to
> > know where the list of errors is so that I can solve these on my own without
> > needing to pester people all the time. :-)
>
> Could you be more vague?

Well, just to add something, I once had a report like that on #WineHQ and
the error report came (as far as I could tell) from here :

miscemu/main.c :
int WINAPI wine_initial_task( HINSTANCE inst, HINSTANCE prev, LPSTR cmdline, INT show )
{
(...)
    if ((instance = NE_StartMain( main_exe_name, main_exe_file )) < 32)
    {
(...)
        switch (instance)
        {
                case  2: MESSAGE("file not found\n" ); break;
                case 11: MESSAGE("invalid exe file\n" ); break;
                default: MESSAGE("error=%d\n",instance ); break;
        }
(...)

loader/ne/module.c :
HINSTANCE16 NE_StartMain( LPCSTR name, HANDLE file )
{
(...)
    if ((hModule = NE_LoadExeHeader( file, name )) < 32) return hModule;

static HMODULE16 NE_LoadExeHeader( HANDLE hFile, LPCSTR path )
{
(...)
    _llseek( hFile, mz_header.e_lfanew, SEEK_SET );
    if (_lread( hFile, &ne_header, sizeof(ne_header) ) != sizeof(ne_header))
        return (HMODULE16)11;  /* invalid exe */

So it seems that Wine did not manage to read the NE header of the given
executable. But I did not investigate further than that as all this is a bit
over my head :-)

                             Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/