Sooo quiet...

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Jan 28 17:21:39 CST 2002

On 28 Jan 2002, Jeremy White wrote:

> Also, I think what's most important about 1.0 is not 1.0 itself,
> but it is the promise inherent in 1.1 - that 1.1 will do everything
> 1.0 did, and a little more.

Exactly.  Until we can be reasonably sure that it will, progress-bar
version numbers only serve to make us look incompetent.

> To that end, I agree that we should
> finalize the Wine server protocol, and it sure wouldn't hurt
> to have a nice regression system in place as well.
>
> Jer

The regression testing we need before 0.9.0 or whatever might make
sense.  I don't mind if the server protocol changes frequently for now.
When it settles down, we can finalize it, subject to change in a later
release.

The server version control mechanism works pretty well, and I've only
been bit by it a few times.

Lawson