system directory selection

Brian Elliott bde3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 21:00:38 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I just installed WINE for the first time and had some trouble getting
dlls to load until I set the "system" option to my Win2k partition's
system32 directory in wine.conf.  Auto discovery of the proper system
directory for wine.conf by wineinstall seems like a useful thing for new
users.  Would it be useful if I put together a small patch to the
wineconf program so that running wineinstall will select the right
system directory for configuration?

Also, is it correct to assume that if a system32 subdirectory exists
under the winnt or windows directory that it should be set given
preference in wine.conf as the system directory?

Thanks,
Brian