err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xXXXXXXX "?" wait timed out, retrying (60sec) fs = XXXX

Dave Hawkes daveh-wine at cadlink.com
Wed Jan 30 08:07:44 CST 2002

This can happen with some large applications that have a lot of windows when
they initially start. It takes a LOT longer to complete the initial redraw
under wine than windows and this can cause the message to occur. However it
will not cause an error as the CriticalSection will wait a further 5 minutes
before really timing out.

I have attached a patch which makes some of my applications start TEN times
quicker (so no timeout message), you may want to recompile wine with this
patch and see if it helps.

Dave Hawkes