CreateProcess API - undocumented use

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Jan 31 13:30:18 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:54:55PM -0200, Ricardo wrote:
> > Hmm, so you mean some program launches another program, passing a value
> > in STARTUPINFO.dwFillAttribute, right ?
> > If so, how does the launched process retrieve the STARTUPINFO content
> > in your case ?
>
> It's writen a file with a random name that's read by the second program.
>
> > Wine certainly doesn't pass the STARTUPINFO strut content to program
> > space yet; it's simply being used for initializing certain aspects of
> > the new program.
>
> What I saw was that I run the first program, it write the file and wine
> closes, then it restart with the other program, but it can't read the file
> because it lost the file name, isn't it? It's the same error I get when I
> run the second program alone.
Well, show us how the second program is supposed to get at that data,
and we'll show you what doesn't work at the moment.
I'm still a bit ignorant about how exactly your programs do that data
transfer (especially on the "client" side), thus please show us how
this is supposed to be done.

Thanks !

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/