WINE

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 02:24:19 CDT 2002

I'm forwarding a copy of this to wine-devel and
reactos-kernel.

The way that I have been doing it is to work out of
the WINE tree to and submit changes back to them. I
try to take a snapshot of the current WINE tree every
few months and that then becomes the -stable branch
for ReactOS. If there is a bug in the ReactOS wine any
patch needs to be wrapped in a #ifdef __REACTOS__ that
way it will be easy for us to submit patches back to
wine.

The long term goal is to make all of the WINE dlls
upgrade able at anytime. So if you have a idea about a
better way to do it then please let me know. Our
branch is a little odd because it was not tagget right
when they first committed it to CVS. It doesnt really
matter to much about the version numbers though
because we know where changes have been made on the
ReactOS side by the #ifdefs.

Thanks
Steven

--- Jurgen Van Gael