IOPL Error?

David A. Bartmess dingodave at edingo.net
Fri Jul 12 14:50:49 CDT 2002

I'm not sure where to post this question... Please be gentle <grin>

I'm trying to run Office10 winword.exe (a full installation on my D:
drive) under Mandrake Linux 8.2 from a Windows XP Pro installation
drive.

The command I'm using is wine -dll ntdll,msvcrt=builtin
/mnt/win_d/"Program Files"/Microsoft/Office/Office10/winword.exe

The window frame opens up, but then I get a small window that just says
"IOPL not enabled Error".

I'm a programmer (13 years), so if you need anything like debug text, no
problem, just tell me.

Can anyone help? If I can get Office XP working, then I'll be set, and
WON'T HAVE TO USE WINDOWS! <GRIN>
--
David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer

http://edingo.net

But one should not forget that money can buy a bed but not sleep, finery
but not beauty, a house but not a home, medicine but not health,
luxuries but not culture, sex but not love and amusements but not
happiness.