ShellExecute patch

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 23 02:10:32 CDT 2002

Alexandre Julliard a écrit :

> Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> writes:
>
> > One of several problems I see in my patch (obviously I should have
> > slept on it before submitting) was that it would not return hProcess
> > when requested. Getting that info appears to me to require an explicit
> > call to CreateProcess, rather than using WinExec.
>
> True, it does; OTOH returning a valid instance from ShellExecute16
> requires a WinExec... another possible solution is to simply implement
> a completely separate ShellExecute16 by copying the relevant parts of
> the code.
another solution is to pass a function pointer to the internal
implementation of ShellExecuteEx
this fn pointer would be:
- when called from SEExA & SEExW, a local function based on
CreateProcess to return a real handle
- when called from SE16, another local function based on WinExec16

this would allow to keep all 16 bit stuff in one file, and to compile it
out if necessary (mingw for example)

A+