Win16 Support again

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sun Jun 2 21:35:38 CDT 2002

"Steven Edwards" <Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > It's much larger work than just #ifdef'ing the code. First of
> > all, all 32-bit code should be rewritten to not rely on the
> > 16-bit counterparts.
>
> Does that much of the Win32 code depend on Win16?
> I thought they were mostly indepenant of each other in the WINE sources.

Yes, most of the 32-bit code doesn't rely on the 16-bit APIs, so you
can start your work with truely separated 16/32 dlls. But *there are*
places where 32-bit code relyes on the 16-bit parts.

And what is more important, is to decide how 32-bit and 16-bit code
should be separated. I vote for moving them to separate files as
Alexandre did it for dlls/user/wnd16.c and dlls/user/wnd16.c for
instance.

--
Dmitry.