winebootup

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jun 5 14:32:41 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:52:07PM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
>
> >I've seen in the crossover office that there is a reboot.so file, but I think
> >thats codeweaver's closed source part since it's not part of wine itself (if
> >I'm not mistaken)
> >

> Well, when we were hip deep in preparation for CrossOver Office,
> Andreas had just started doing a full set of boot processing logic.
> I had a conversation with Andreas about it; convinced that his was
> the 'right' approach, but that it wouldn't be ready soon enough for us,
> we hacked together something quick and dirty.
>
> The idea was that Andreas was to have been done by now, hint, hint <grin>.
>
> Andi?
/me better won't reveal his feelings now :-\

I'm attaching the current implementation of programs/wineboot.
I removed all GUI code and made sure that it still works, but it's not
fully ready yet, I think (configuration settings, for example).
I always planned to finish it, but with 50 mails in my "reply" queue
and Linuxtag looming, the prospects for this are a bit grim at the moment...
Also, I feel that I'm still a bit unsure as to how exactly it should
be implemented:
- how exactly are we going to check for new "bootup" entries to be processed ?
- when exactly would it be run
- etc. etc.

In case someone wants to work on it, feel free.
Otherwise I'll continue to work on it when I've got a lot more free time,
i.e. in August/September.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt