Call for testers

Johan Gill johane at lysator.liu.se
Fri Jun 7 13:28:10 CDT 2002

Quoting a comment I made for bug# 722:

This is troublesome. I can fix this problem by reenabling these things in
dlls/version/info.c:

/* Temporary workaround a broken behaviour of the 16-bit loader */
    len = 0; /* VERSION_GetFileVersionInfo_16(filename, handle, 0, NULL); */

/* Temporary workaround a broken behaviour of the 16-bit loader */
    len = 0; /* VERSION_GetFileVersionInfo_16(filename, &handle, datasize, data); */

Doing so, however, is said to break installation of Office 2000. I don't have
Office 2000, so it's quite impossible for me to know what's wrong. I would like
to hear from anyone having it, and who is willing to try installation of it with those
calls reenabled.