command line options and registry questions

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 9 15:11:59 CDT 2002

Hi winers!

The command line -winver option has been removed.
I found that this option was quite convenient because :
1) it can be used easily in shortcut (in KDE for example)
2) when you don't know the windows version an app
runs on, it is easier to test until you match the right one.

Is there a reason for this removal ?

Moreover it seems that some wine configuration are
stored in the registry (the windows version for each apps
for example).
Is it wise to use the registry for wine specific configuration ?

Personaly, I think a very cool feature could be to specify a
registry file when invoking wine. So, you don't have to worried
about breaking an app while installing another.

A+
Christian