GLU32 status & update

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Tue Jun 11 01:19:11 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 08:18:38PM -0400, Vincent B?ron wrote:
> After investigating bug #783 (Wine20020605: Problems with build of
> dlls/glu32), here are my conclusions so far (not finished yet, but I
> need a bit of advice on next direction to pursue):
>
> First, we need to not compile glu32 is no libGLU.so is found. The test
> for libGLU is already in configure, the only thing missing is some logic
> in the dlls/Makefile (or maybe dlls/glu32/Makefile?) to not build it.

The code is of course already there for this.

Check dlls/Makefile.in, and mentions of 'GLU32FILES' in configure.ac,
which does not recurse into dlls/glu32 if libGLU.so is not there.

So the bug reporter, as you already found, did a 'cd dlls/glu32' and
built it himself, which is of course not supported.

Ciao, Marcus