GLU32 patch

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Jun 11 11:33:48 CDT 2002

Marcus Meissner a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:52:34PM -0400, Vincent Béron wrote:
> > The glu32 dll is now compliant with MSDN. It can be compiled with a
> > libGLU 1.1, but preferably by a libGLU 1.2.
> >
> > Changelog:
> >  - Modified the glu32 prototypes to match MSDN.
> >  - Made it work for libGLU 1.1 and 1.2.
> > -@ stdcall gluCheckExtension(str ptr) wine_gluCheckExtension
>
> Why is this function gone?

It's a libGLU 1.3 extension, and MSDN doesn't have any record of it. The
glu32.dll in opengl95.exe (Microsoft's OpenGL distribution) doesn't have
that function either, although from what I understood it could be
included in individual card drivers. Should we limit our implementation
to what Microsoft did, or should we implement more if a newer version of
a standard came out since then?

> And you will need to add checks for glu.h in configure.ac too.

Yes, of course. Forgot about it.

> Ciao, Marcus

Thanks,
Vincent